Wednesday, April 15, 2015

A Floral Tank for Spring

The next item up for Lisi Loo's spring wardrobe will also carry nicely into summer as well: a light but layerable sleeveless floral top.

This is the same self-drafted pattern I used for her Christmas dress (as well as several other tops and dresses that haven't ever been properly blogged).  The basic pattern has two necklines (rounded here, squared on the dress) and five sleeve options, including sleeveless.  If I ever do decide to try digitizing patterns, this will definitely be top on my list.

She was in quite the sassy-pants dancy-dance mood for these photos - we're all so excited to FINALLY be getting outside this week, I think we're all in that mood, even if she's the only one bold enough to show it off.

One of my criteria for choosing patterns for this spring wardrobe was that, those that weren't long sleeved, be layerable.  This sleeveless version is so cute under a cardigan, although I failed to get a photo so you'll just have to take my word for it at this time.

There are those sassy-pants I was talking about.

The main fabric was a pillowcase I picked up at an estate sale a while back.  When I was doing all my planning/measuring/drafting/cutting a few weeks ago I must have mis-measured something somewhere along the way because I didn't end up with a long enough skirt to add a thick hem like I usually do, so I used some wide pink bias tape I had in my stash instead.  Problem solved.  

Hooray for Spring!  

9 comments:

  1. oh man, she's so cute. i love this top, it's perfectly springy! the back is great and i love the pink hem facing, too. it's just fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy accidents with that hem, right? Well, if we call a mistake an accident - which I'm totally fine with. ha!

      Delete
  2. it's adorable - love it! and your daughter is clearly loving it as well - or perhaps it's the spring day she's so excited about. either way - it's a definite spring wardrobe win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've been waiting so long for this weather - I almost can't believe it's finally here!

      Delete
  3. It's just perfect!! You know I love that low back- I hope you do someday digitize this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I - ha! Mostly because I'm dreading her growing out of this size and having to figure out the grading thing as she gets bigger and bigger. And I'm sure I'll want to make some smaller ones for her sister next year. I just need to stop procrastinating.

      Delete
  4. This just screams spring! Pretty fabric, light style, and the joy on her face! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Now we just need the grass and trees to green up and we'll have nothing left to wish for.

      Delete
  5. This just screams spring! Pretty fabric, light style, and the joy on her face! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete