Wednesday, April 22, 2015

KCW - A Modified Stella Tunic

Last up from the Garden Girl Collection is the Stella Tunic, with a small change.

The original pattern has a cute high-low hem but this top is made from an old skirt of mine and I just didn't have enough fabric.  When I first realized that, I just moved on and cut out a different one (which you'll likely see tomorrow - just finishing up the buttons), but I couldn't get the picture of this fabric in this pattern out of my head.

Then it occurred to me that I could just modify the skirt to be the same length all the way around and, like magic, we were back on track.

I love a pattern than you can, with just a little tweaking, use to make different pieces that LOOK different, as opposed to looking like the same pattern in different fabrics.  Other than my own skirt modification, the pattern has this cute cap sleeve option or a sleeveless racerback option, as well as a pointy optional collar.  (The other Stella I'm working on is sleeveless with the collar.)

I'm so glad I made the impulse decision to get all three patterns in this collection - I love each one more than the next!  And they're all patterns I see myself making over and over - actually I already am!  Two McKenzies and two Stellas so far.  Guess we need one more Jane to even things up.  I don't hate that math.  ha!

Linking up to KCW here.

1 comment:

  1. It's a lovely top, I really like it without the high-low hem.