Thursday, September 12, 2013

Dreamy in White

This is one of those projects that got made on a whim during a crazy sewing spree, photographed on the wall, then hung in the closet to be modeled...but was never modeled.  In fact, it was never even tried on until I realized summer is over next week and I better get it on her before it never gets a chance to be worn!

It was self-drafted and I kind of made it up as I went, with a few summer dressed I'd seen around on my mind.  The fabric was a curtain (should I admit I dress my kids in old home decor?) and is pretty sheer so I lined it.    Lots of gathering, some pretty contrasting lace detail, a lovely gold button.  Perfectly summer.

It's too bad I waited so long to get it on her, but it's white so realistically it probably wouldn't have been in frequent rotation anyway.  And I got some dreamy evening pictures of her in her lacey dress and I did enjoy making it so...win!



No comments:

Post a Comment