My last post was about a skirt I made for one of M's class-mates. She has a little sister whom I couldn't, in good conscience, leave out.
She's more open-minded about color (for now) than her pink-obsessed big sister, so I had a little more leeway - and a lot more fabric options!
this pattern - used one fabric instead of two, changed the shoulder, and added a little flutter sleeve.
And pockets! My first attempt at inset pockets! And probably last for a while. They weren't my idea of a good time - they made my head hurt. I don't know why I had such a problem wrapping my brain around it, but I did. And it sucked. But they're in and they hold stuff so worth it, I suppose.
Wrapped up - ready to go.
Her mom said she put it on immediately upon opening the package and twirled around the house in her "ballerina dress." Happy girls - happy me.