Friday, May 3, 2013

Ric Rac's Sister

My last post was about a skirt I made for one of M's class-mates.  She has a little sister whom I couldn't, in good conscience, leave out.
 
 
She's more open-minded about color (for now) than her pink-obsessed big sister, so I had a little more leeway - and a lot more fabric options!
 

 
 This pretty blue floral is/was a vintage sheet - nice and soft and light for summer.  I modified this pattern - used one fabric instead of two, changed the shoulder, and added a little flutter sleeve.
 

 
And pockets!  My first attempt at inset pockets!  And probably last for a while.  They weren't my idea of a good time - they made my head hurt.  I don't know why I had such a problem wrapping my brain around it, but I did.  And it sucked.  But they're in and they hold stuff so worth it, I suppose.

 
Wrapped up - ready to go. 
 

Her mom said she put it on immediately upon opening the package and twirled around the house in her "ballerina dress." Happy girls - happy me.

No comments:

Post a Comment