It's my first Oliver & S. A little more complicated and detailed than what I usually do, but great instructions and a lovely finished product. The floral fabric was a purchase from Joann. It's actually the only fabric I bought for all of KCW, now that I think about it - yeah stash!! It's a printed linen (or "linen look"???). I've had my eye on it for a while and when I walked in a couple weeks ago the "sale" sign was screaming at me. Unfortunately, sale signs won't be silenced by snacks like little mouths will, so home with me it came. The fabric for the yoke is a really loosely woven textured fabric that I thought might prove impossible to work with, but in reality was no problem at all. Whew!
I finished the back with another old mystery button from a previous generation. I used the free shorts pattern found here. I think I made it in a smaller 2T size (see her explanation in the directions) but between the time I made the pattern and now, I've forgotten. The only change I really made was to add a little pintuck at the front and back center line of each leg. I used some linen I had on hand.
As for the fit - let's start with the womp womp. Shorts too big - story of my sewing life. I think I give up on shorts. For this summer, anyway. It's not the pattern's fault at all - pattern came together rather nicely. I just should have made them smaller.
I was a little nervous going into Kids Clothes Week. It's the first time I've really put myself "out there", if you will. I'm so glad I did, though. I got several really nice comments (my first! so encouraging!) and a lot of people stopping by to check out my little space here. My first swing tee was even one of the featured garments - eek!! I've been kind of wishy washy about this whole blogging thing, but I think I'm starting to find a groove. I'm going to stick with it for now, I think, and KCW definitely helped me make that decision.