Monday, July 29, 2013

Evening Bath

Since KCW I've been getting a few more visitors.  Which is AWESOME!  And I figure they (you?) come to see sewing.  Which is also awesome.  But here's the thing: I'm still figuring out what I want this little place of mine to be.  My favorite of favorite bloggers give me a variety of content - and most importantly, a peek into their worlds.  That's what I like most about blogs - seeing people's own worlds the way they see them.  Sewing blogs inspire me in a specific way, but these "lifestyle" posts are what inspire my soul.  So I'm probably going to put some of these posts out there, too, hoping others might enjoy or appreciate it the way I do.  Anyway...that's that.   And why I'm publishing a post with zero clothes in it on my "sewing" blog.  ha!

*****************************************

I don't usually give my kids baths together anymore.  A shower for the big kid is so much faster, and we've been working on him being able to do it all my himself by the end of the summer - last hurdle is thorough shampooing!

That being said - sometimes dinner is done early, and there's peanut butter and jelly (yes, for dinner) everywhere, and it's been a long sweaty day, and we have more time until bed than I can wrap my head around.  And I throw them both in the bath for a little "swim".







I've said it before and I'll say it again - but I really do love photography.  I love the challenge and the capture.  I love the memory keeping.  Jelly smeared, gap toothed smiles.  Knobby bruised knees and little legs all tangled up.  Drippy curls.  My natural tendency would be to dwell on what went wrong, what could have been better - even though I know I should be focusing on what was fabulous.  These pictures make me remember the day by its glorious end, and not by the struggles of the day.  They become the faded, foggy, mostly forgotten memory instead of the other way around.  My pictures aren't amazing photography, but they do a job, and they do me good.  And that's why I love photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment