Thursday, January 30, 2014

KCW Day Three

Yesterday I promised a break from neutrals - and break from them we did!

Another pair of Lovely Rita Skinnies.  I just love this pattern so much!  I've made them four times now.  Previously in red, in gray, and in dots!  Maybe it's time for a plain pair...

I've only ever made them by cutting up another perfectly good pair of pants - and this is no exception.  These were on clearance at Old Navy for, I think, about $7.  Can we take a break for a minute and talk about how crazy it makes me to hear about everyone out there buying thrift store and clearance clothes for only a dollar or two?  I know everything's more expensive up here, just the way it is...but c'mon!  I think I've finally accepted that I'm not going to be finding those kinds of prices and have moved on to the mindset of: would I pay this much for the garment I'm going to make from it?  And yes, I would pay $7 for these pants.

(This shirt was made during last KCW - still in heavy rotation!)

I wanted her to turn around so I could take a picture of the back.  Adventures in the art of direction taking.  We finally got there, though.

Also, for anyone following along for a while, you may notice the return of the cell-phone-as-prop.

I didn't even try to say no.  She did so good with Day One and Day Two that I figured I owed her a shoot her way.  It's the least I could do.

Linking up to KCW here.

3 comments:

  1. Nothing for $2 on Philly clearance racks either. Love these pants, totally worth $7.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We used to live outside of Philly - you're right - prices aren't much better. Except for chinese food. First time we got a delivery here we almost passed out! ha!

      Delete
  2. Cute jeans and worth the $7!! :-) Secondhand clothes at thrift stores here in Australia are ridiculously "expensive" which makes me sad.

    ReplyDelete