Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Springtime Bimaa

They tell me Spring is coming.  I'm having trouble imagining it, but that's what they say.  So, since our temps aren't quite spring-like yet, I'm sewing SPRING with color!


Quite certainly my last Bimaa of the season, and likely of this size.  Baby girl's growing up.


I got a new toy for my birthday last month - a serger!  This was my first project using it, and, while I'm still getting used to it, I didn't find it nearly as intimidating as I thought it would be.  I've re-threaded it a few times - not so scary.  I'm actually quite smitten!


As for the shirt: it's two upcycled tees.  The yellow shirt was just a tad narrower than the pattern called for, so I had to narrow the cowl a bit which makes it stand up a little more, drape a little less.  Some of the pictures make it look like it doesn't hang down enough, but that's only because I wasn't paying enough attention when I took the pictures.  I wouldn't necessarily recommend narrowing it, but it's not tragic if you have to.


She sure doesn't think so.






1 comment:

  1. congrats on the serger and belated happy birthday!! You must live near me, as it was literally snowing this morning:) Will summer (heck, I'd settle for spring!) ever come! Your bimma was the perfect anti-winter project:)

    ReplyDelete