Wednesday, January 29, 2014

KCW Day Two

As with day one, my garment completed yesterday for day two was also previously started.  I spent Tuesday's hour finishing up the hemming, button-holing, and button attaching.   There was A LOT of button-holing and attaching...

This is the second time I've done this remix of CINO's Junebug dress.  The first time was just over a year ago.  If you want to see a year's worth of baby hair growth, I recommend checking out that post.  Also: pre-glasses.  It's like a whole different kid.

I love those rows of buttons...and the clever little pocket.  She, of course, agrees with me about the buttons.  Pockets aren't really her thing, though - she likes to be able to show off her treasures, not hide them away.

The fabric is a pretty heavy linen that was passed down - actually with the same ticking and flannel I used for Day One.  And that ticking is what I used to line this dress as well.

I feel like I should probably have more to say about this dress than is coming to me right now.  I feel kind of like this:

Oh - just thought of something.  In case you're worried about this being the week of boring neutrals - I do have some snazzy new pants for Lisi Loo that I finished up today that I'll  be posting tomorrrow.  Definitely not neutral - although they are blue.  I can live with a theme of blue, though.  Blue is a much more colorful word than neutral, after all.

I'm linking up to KCW Winter 2014 here.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, I really love this. I bought the Junebug dress and hadn't made it yet... but this remix is making me think that I should pull it out and do something similar to what you did! Fantastic!

    Natalie
    XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was a little intimidated the first time...felt like a lot of pieces and I kept getting confused about how it all came together, but I loved the outcome so much it was worth drafting the new (bigger) pattern. And much easier the second time, too. I think experience had a lot to do with that, though.

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh your daughter is the cutest and your eye for stylish children's handmade clothing is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And you bet she knows it, too - ha! (That she's cute, that is. I don't think she's formed an opinion on wardrobe yet.)

      Delete