Thursday, July 11, 2013

Strappy Open-back Top

Another self-drafted pattern.  We'll call this the-garment-that-finally-convinced-me-to-stop-being-lazy-about-test-fitting-mid-process.  We almost had a fail on our hands - but luckily, after a few tweaks, it worked out.  (And then I went and took a terribly focused picture.  Oh well.)


(Direct inspiration from here and here.)


It's fully lined, bodice & skirt.  I love this orange ginham - I picked it up at an estate sale a couple of years ago - so soft and light.  Perfect for summer.




I am such a frequent user of buttons/button holes you would think I was all easy breezey about them.  But I still get palpitations EVERY TIME.  I hold my breath and triple check my settings.  Not just every garment - but every hold.  Hate making them, but love using them.  Necessary evil, I suppose.


 
But only if evil could possibly look this cute on a baby's back!
 
 
 
I don't know what it is, but orange is a great color on both my kids.  I'm pretty sure they don't get that from me.
 

 
I was so happy with the outcome, that I immediately made plans on a slightly longer version she could wear as a dress.
 

 

So I suppose this could be considered a to-be-continued...
 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment