Wednesday, July 17, 2013

KCW - Summer 2013 - Day 3

Swing Tee - take 2!!  (#1 here)  Love this pattern just as much, if not more.  I did make a slight alteration by opening the arm holes just a bit, so hopefully that will extend the fit.  Although, as soon as she outgrows these, you know I'll be whipping up a bunch more!  To be honest, I may not even  be able to wait that long.


The pocket is the same fabric I used for this dress.  In hindsight, I think the proportions of the pocket are a little off - too tall.  But it's certainly not going to bother me enough to change it.


I love photography.  I am not such a fan of photo shoots.  Not with a 21 month old, at least.  I don't usually struggle getting pictures of my kids that I like and am proud of, but that's because I'm  usually just observing and taking pictures of them doing what they want to do.  Getting pictures of them doing what I want them to be doing is an entirely different story, apparently.

I'll start with the two decent shots I got:



Then I'll entertain you with a narrative...true story:

Me: "Kid, please get off the bed.  I'm trying to take a couple pictures of your sister's shirt"


Me: "Lisi Loo, please stand in front of the bed and look at Mama."
Her: "But I wanna turn around..." (in baby babble)


Me: "Just for a second, Lisi Loo.  Just a couple pictures and then we'll play.  Promise."
Her: "But I WANNA turn around..." (in baby babble)


Me: "Fine, turn around."
Her: "Ha ha, hee, hee, giggle, giggle, [monkey noises]!"


Me = The Meanest Mommy EVER -- at least once a day, every day.

She really does make the best monkey noises, though.

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Looks like shoots with my littles:)

    I made a stack of these tops yesterday too, they are addictive! Both of yours are adorable, I love the little pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute top! What pattern did you use? (i may have missed that on the last post) .... I just popped over from checking out the KCW site. It's always so fun to see what everyone else is sewing up. I've been bouncing all over the place, if you have time come see! www.thelifeofacompulsivecrafter.blogspot.com

    Mae

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie! The top is adorable, great job!

    ReplyDelete