Saturday, July 6, 2013

Black and White and Green (all over?)

This was one of those make-it-up-as-you-go kind of projects.  I wanted a summer top or dress.  I had pleats on the brain.  So I went stash shopping, started measuring, sewing, pressing.  More measuring and sewing.  Added some buttons.  And this is what we ended up with:


I kinda love it.  I originally bought this fabric (at Joann) to make a skirt for myself.  That plan failed, and I'm happy it did!  When I started the pleats, I was going to have them on the outside, but as I was pressing them, I loved the back so much more.  The white lines don't match up perfectly, but they're good enough for me. 


 
 I made the green bias tape myself with some more stash fabric.  I had envisioned this top as a slip on, but got scared at the last minute that we wouldn't be able to actually get it on, so buttons were in order.


 
I can't be the only one who holds their breath the first time a newly finished garment is tried on, can I?  But looky looky - a sigh of relief. 
 

 
A nice breezy summer dress in a cool linen with a more modern (sophisticated even?) color scheme.  And with plenty of room for a couple summers of wear: a dress this year, a tunic next?
 

 
 

Smile if you love summer dresses, Lisi Loo!




No comments:

Post a Comment